What are the first steps to take if you are victim of abuse?
- Inform trusted individuals
- Keep Records of the incident
- File a Police Report
- Turn off the location settings on your mobile phone
- Look for a shelter
- Know your Rights in the courtroom
- Have a suitcase ready
- Stay in the country
- Safekeep you passport and important documents
- Carry the number of an interpreting center
Arise NL is an organisation which helps victims of domestic abuse and provides information in English. The information can help you to leave an abusive situation and Arise can give support in the courtroom. Have a look at the ARISE NL website, here.