Family reunion for refugees in the netherlands: what would it be great to see your loved ones again. Arrange a request as soon as possible at VWN (they help you with everything), but at least within 3 months after your positive procedure result. In principle you yourself have to pay for the family reunion costs, also for the sworn translations of documents you will need to apply for family reunion. But there are some solutions …
Who can be Reunited with Me?
There are conditions and regulations (in Dutch) about who can be reunited with you after you received your permit. You have to arrange within 3 months, otherwise there are more conditions, for example you have to earn at least a certain amount (more than aid).
- Husband, wife or partner
- Underage children or foster children
- Over age children who depend on you
- If you are under age yourself: a parent
Other Conditions for Family Reunion for Refugees in The Netherlands
- The persons have to have the same nationality as you
- The marriage or partnership already existed in the country of origin
The family members were together a family (gezin) in the country of origin
Want more Info?
- Go to VWN in your region and ask all about it.
- Stichting Buitenlandse Partner (in Dutch – foundation for foreign partner)
Arrange the Following Documents Carefully
All the following documents should be with you when you go to hand them in at VWN for your request:
- Report of the first registration hearing (aanmeldgehoord) after arrival
Doc. title: Rapport Eerste Gehoor
- Report of the first and second hearing during procedure in Zevenaar or Doetinchem
Doc. title: Rapport Nader Gehoor
- Positive IND-result
Doc. title: BESCHIKKING
- Clear color copy of all passports of the family members abroad you want to reunite with. If the original document is in English, no official translation to Dutch is necessary.
AND SWORN TRANSLATIONS* TO DUTCH OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
SWORN TRANSLATIONS BY A SWORN TRANSLATOR WITH OFFICIAL STAMP
DIRECTLY BASED ON THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS OR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH, FRENCH OR GERMAN*: THE INTERPRETOR HAS TO BE REGISTERED IN THIS LIST: Register beëdigde tolken en vertalers (Rbtv).
- Family book or family registration (Extract from Family Status Register)
26 august 2016: Upadte: BE CAREFULL AND CHECK THIS ‘OR’ WITH VWN. IT SEEMS THAT VWN COMMUNICATED THIS NOT IN THE RIGHT WAY DURING EMERGENCY CAMP HEUMENSOORD.
- Marriage statement (Marriage Statement, NOT MARRIAGE CONTRACT)
- Birth certificates of all children
- If you want to reunite with a long-term partner you did not marry (yet):
you have to bring proof of your relationship and a paper which proves the person is not married. Exactly the necessary papers for this – we have to check – so ask VWN.
How to Arrange Translations for Family Reunion?
All certified translators and interpretors are registered in the Register beëdigde tolken en vertalers (Rbtv). All data about interpretors and translators they have in their register. Translations (and all costs) have to be paid for by the person who requests family reunion. If you do not have the financial means, go to VWN or ask your lawyer to help (in the east of The Netherlands VWON does not provide financial means in this stage).
What do Translations Cost?
We for now heard translation prices for documents for family reunion for refugees in the netherlands cost between 60 and 270 euro for a wife and 2 children. If you do not have this money, sometimes VWN (not VWON, east of the country) or your procedure lawyer wants to help arrange and pay for the sworn translations. Ask them. VWN has a fund to help with the costs for family reunion if you have no financial means.
What if I don’t have Money to Let my Family Come?
VWN has a fund for if your request is allowed and you yourself can not manage to pay for all the documents and travel costs yourself. This is a loan and will mean some extra delay though.
- Official form to request family reunion (in Dutch)
- Some info about official Syrian documents (in Dutch)
- VWN EMERGENCY FUND EAST NETHERLANDS
– DUTCH: Flyer voor cliënten VWON Noodfonds nov2015
– ENGLISH: Flyer voor cliënten VWON Noodfonds nov2015-En_0
– ARAB: Flyer voor cliënten VWON Noodfonds nov2015-Arab
– TIGRYNIA: Flyer voor cliënten VWON Noodfonds nov2015-Tigr