in the Netherlands the majority of the Dutch people have it!
This insurance protects you, if you:
- Unintentionally harm other person
- Unintentionally harm property of other person
- Non-professional situations
- For all family members
- Covers you world-wide
- Cost: between 1€-5€ per month
Some examples when expenses can be covered:
- Shoot ball through neighbor’s window
- Kids destroy something
- Accident in daily life for example on the street
- BUT: NO insurance for vehicle accidents
WA stands for “wettelijke aansprakelijkheid”. In English, this means legal accountability. If you cause damage while working for a company (professional situation), a business accountability insurance would cover the costs, not the personal WA insurance.